Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009's the 302 V8 engine block.

We've had it all apart for a long time now and Monday we got a ton of the parts we ordered for it and just today we got the new core plugs and new camshaft bearings in it...although, they weren't in it in these pictures.

This is the intake after I cleaned it up slightly in the parts cleaner...

...This is the intake just about as clean as it can get after I sandblasted it.

Here's the oil pan...I sandblasted that too...I like sandblasting, if you couldn't tell, it's a lot of fun! Then we put primer on it...eventually we'll paint it Ford blue.

These are the original valve took a ton of wire brush scraping and parts cleaning solution in the parts cleaner to get them looking this good again.

Here's sorta what our engine sould look like when we're done with it...this is another 302, but ours is older and we're doing a much more thorough rebuild and spending a lot more of the customer's money than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment