Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Flies be gone!!!

Mark and I were having fruit fly issues and I needed and wanted to get rid of them. However I didn't want sticky tape hanging from anything and I'm not big on putting things around my house that says do not ingest. After some research I came upon something I was willing to try and had things I already had on hand or were inexpensive.

Things you will need:
*container (I use glass, but plastic is probably OK)
*warm water
*vinegar
*about a tablespoonish of honey


Pour about a 1/8 cup of vinegar in your container (you can eye it, it's not exact science), then add warm water (warm water helps the honey to dissolve) to the container. Pour your honey in the container, and stir. Set on counter or windowsill and allow the concoction to lure in those pest flies! While I have noticed it draws mostly fruit fly, it will occasionally draw in the bigger flies.

1 comment:

  1. I need to try this. We've had fruit flies the last week or so.

    ReplyDelete