Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Titus 2

I have the deep desire to minister to other women. I want to teach them and show them how to love the Lord their God with all their heart and all their souls. I want to be other women's cheerleader! I want them to know that whatever God has called them to, is possble. I want women to know if God has called them they have exactly what they need to accomplish it. There are times we have some of what we have to accomplish what God has asked, but there are also things God wants to teach us and show us that he cannot do until we start out on the journey he's asked us to take. Whatever the joureny, God is right beside you.

I want to teach women how to cook nourishing food to feed their families. I want to teach them how to do it as easily, efficently, and as healthy as I can. With a little more time in the kitchen, organization and preperation, it is possible. I want to walk life with other women, crying and dying to ourselves daily to serve Jesus and to serve our husbands and our childrens.

 Titus 2: 3-5
3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.



Not only do I have the desire to teach women, I have a command from God in Titus to teach younger women. Not that I do it well myself, but I strive to do it well, I strive to make my husbands home his haven. I strive to make our home a place my husband and my children want to be.  I am learning that in my taking care of my husband and kids, that in and of itself is ministry. If Mark is well taken care of, if my kids are well behaved (within reason of kids being kids) this says a great deal to a world that is watching. A world that wants to know why I have stuck with Mark through three years of school, two years of which we aren't sure he's going to use. I have been at times a single parent while he's been working and going to school. There have been times I have loathed his homework and other times his homework feels like "the other women". I have had no idea that other women have been watching me support him and wondering how I do it. I look at them and say what do you mean, you just do it. But I guess they are right I didn't have to hang in there with him, but what was my other choice? Find a more "successfull" guy who has "the right" job? Um, nope, when I stood with Mark and told him I would be his wife forever, that is exactly what I meant. There have been times I have wanted to throw in the towel BUT God is bigger than whatever Mark and I will face.

Because I am not perfect, I want other women to know it's ok to not be perfect. But it's not ok to stay in that imperfect place. God loves us enough to ask us to change for his glory. We need to trust God enough to change.  It does wonders for a woman to sit down with another woman and talk out life. Talk about life, meals, kids, periods, hormones, and everything else. So what I want to do is start my coffee pot, brew a cup of tea, and sit down outside or at my kitchen table and be real with other women.

Come...be real with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment