Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Leftovers?

One of my favorite things in the kitchen is being able to use leftovers in a way that doesn't seem like leftovers. Using leftovers is a great way to save money and it's a wonderful time savor. They are fantastic to turn to when you are in pinch, tired from a long day, or simply haven't had time to give supper a second glance. I had one of these moments the other day. We had gone out of town visiting someone in the hospital and I wasn't sure if we would eat at home or not, so I didn't have a plan or anything thawed out. I did what I usually do, I pray and ask the Holy Spirit for creativity.

The previous evening we had had fish packets consisting of Sweet potatoes, onions, asparagas, with lemon butter fish on top. The fish was fine but the left over veggies were mushy and I wasn't sure what i would use them for. I got the idea to put both the fish and mushy veggies in my kitchen aid mixer and mash them together. I threw in one egg and enough bread crumbs to make it come together. I formed them into thin patties and fried them in left over bacon grease. Yummo! They were the best ones I had ever made and they were from left overs! Awesome!

What creative left over do you have to share? I would love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment