Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Pineapple desert!



I have been watching pantry raid on netflix. A show about a chef that stops someone in the market, asks if he can go home with them to prepare a meal for them. You would have to be nuts to say no! But that's my personal opinion. On one episode I saw he did this dessert. Since I had a pineapple, a fresh one, I had to try it!

1 fresh whole pineapple, halfed and cored
3/4 cup sugar (or to taste)
1 stick butter

Melt the whole stick of butter in a dutch oven pan, when butter is about half melted put the pineapple in the butter mixture and swirl it around the pan to coat with the butter. Then sprinkle your sugar over the top of your pineapple and butter mixture. Stir until sugar starts to melt into the butter. I put my oven at 350 degrees. Then I put the pineapple into the oven to carmalize. I turned the pineapple a couple of times to get the pineapple carmalized all the way around. It's done when you can put a fork or knife through it or it flakes easily apart. That's easy! Super easy, smells great, tastes amazing!

Frugal living at it's yummiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment