Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Eatting her curds and whey

 Mark laughed when he saw this picture.
He said it looks like white poop and he's kinda right.

The whey beginning to seperate from the yohgurt. 


I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I was to find this set up 
at fleet farm.  


 The final product, cream cheese and whey for fermenting.





 Beautiful whey.


Churds and whey!


I have been on a search for making things from scratch less complicated, with less steps, but it didn't seem possible. Then I was told about nourish traditions, a cook book/traditional food guide. It is way more than a cook book, it is also a guide in teaching you what fats do what, why they are good or bad for us and what we should do differently. Honestly, there are usually very little steps but the rewards and tastes are awesome. The trickest part is learning the taste, the smells, the textures of things. Culturing such as keifer, making whey with a by product of cream cheese, these things for some reason have been intimidating to me. Slowly but surely I'll catch on and then I'll be able to teach others! The cream cheese tastes AMAZING! The whey, well it will be a bit before I can tell you how the whey is going! Oh I didn't mention that got whey with a by product of cream cheese by making my own yohgurt...but that will be a post for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment