Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Food for literal thought


When my stomach gargles, feels empty, I don't hesitate, well usually I don't hesitate, to go find something to eat. Protein, the source of energy for my body to continue to function and give out physcially. Veggies, the source of vitamins and minnerals, giving my body important fighting power to nasty bugs in my gut and system. Fruit giving my body sugars and more m inerals and vitamins to do some more fighting. Fermentation, aiding in my digestion and gut.

There is another source of food, it's one I forget more often than anything else. The one that is the most important, more important than food I chew with my teeth. This food is the word of God, breath of life, the word that God gave to man to us. The scripture that encourages me, whacks me, gives me energy and hope. The words that remind me who I am and what my future holds. The words that remind me and teach me to love others, the words who encourage me and ask me to respect my husband and to be consistant in my discipline of my children. The word that tells me my training of my children WILL pay off!

If I am crabby, self absorbed, struggling for energy, struggling to get out of bed, if I am looking to others for what I should be looking for in my relationship with God. You can be assured I have not been in the word. I have not been holding my relationship with Jesus first and foremost! The word of God is food for literal thought! When I am not in the word I am starving my soul and spirit. I am quenching the spirit.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and word was God.

2 Timothy 3:16 & 17, All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teachin or reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every goo work.

Ephesians 6:11 & 12; "Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be abl to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the owers, against the world foces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Ephesians 6: 17; and take the helmet of salvation, and he sword of the spirit, which is the word of God.


Choosing to believe the bible is a matter of faith. Some say the bible is a nice story, others say it's fiction. But I Robin Russell choose to believe it, I believe it is the word of God, I believe it is inspired by God for me. I believe he choose specific men to write it. I believe that by my not reading it I am depriving my body of nutrients more important than meat, veggies, or fruit. I believe to deprive my mind and spirit of the word of God is to give my spirit a poison worse than actual death.

With all that said, I struggle to be and stay in the word. I have scripture posted all over my house. It's on my kitchen cupboards, in my bathroom, on our homeschooling walls. There is a bible in my bathroom for two seconds of reading while I'm on the bathroom throne. I do believe God understands the busy mama. I believe somedays he is ok with my chewing on the scripture that is on my cupboards as I'm chopping onions for supper. It's ok to read two seconds of the word while pooping. But I do also know he wants more of my time than that when I can and must see to it that I fit it in. He craves time with me as I crave time with Mark. He is jealous for my attention, as I am jealous for Mark's attention. He wants me, all of me. I can go to him dripping of spit up, messed up hair, messed up heart and mind. I can go do him shuttering from the arrows of the world. I can go to him ragamuffin messed up and he turns me into a princess. He turns my sorrows into joy and my kyatic mind into peacefulliness.

Point is I need to make my time in the word and with God a priority. If nothing else gets done in the day, my time with God needs to get done! When I'm alligned with God, everything else gets alligned too. The bathroom gets cleaned, the laundry gets done, my husbands heart is full and so is his tummy, my kids are at peace...because I am at peace, because I have gone to the one who gives peace!

Don't be afraid to challenge me to be in the word. Please, ask me how my time in the word is going, if it's going at all. I need the word. My family needs to the word.

I need food for literal thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment