Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Legacy

My grandpa, Thomas Aman died last night. He died with his wife sitting beside him, every once in a while kissing his forehead and telling him that she loved him. The love I saw in this womans eyes was amazing. There laid her husband broken in body, yet she looked at him with the utmost love I have ever seen. All she saw was the man she loved, the man she spent 60 years with. Amazing! My grandma also I have learned brought my grandpa to the Lord. My grandpa grew up catholic and my grandma grew up baptist. After they were married they started going to a local baptist church in town. My grandma then started telling him about Jesus and salvation, shortly there after my grandpa excepted Jesus in to his heart.

My grandpa had been in a nursing home for 3 1/2 years. My grandma went out to the nursing home every afternoon to spend time with Grandpa. Even when his mind was no longer there and his body was giving up she stayed by his side. Till death do us part. How do you say goodbye to a man you spent 60 years of life together. There is joy in all this, he is now with Jesus. He is walking and leaping and praising God! He has risen up and is now walking with Jesus in heaven. As his body prepared to take it's last breath, the room was peaceful, even while he struggled to breath, it was peaceful.

I am so thankful for the many nights we spent playing cards with Grandpa, the many christmas's, and his legacy of salvation he helped to passon to us. My grandpa and grandma have given my family a tremendous gift of friendship and family.

Thank you grandpa and grandma for choosing to let us be apart of your life. Thank you for being an amazing example of what it means to love. I love you both more than I can ever say and I am so thankful I will see you in heaven! A love like Grandpa and Grandma's is one you have to experiance to see and know it's amazingness.

An example and legacy has been passed on to me and I will treasure it and think on it when Mark and I are struggling, when loving each other seems impossible. I will remember Grandpa and Grandma and I will remember the truth of scripture they lived out. I will remember they ran the race marked out for them and I will remember I too can run the race.

I love you Grandpa! I'm so thankful you are whole again and have again found your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment