Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Julie & Julia, "Mastering the art of French Cooking"





I was inspired today after watching Julie & Julia. There is a bit of swearing in it, so if that bothers you, you probably shouldn't watch it. However, I totally connected with the character who attempts all of Julia Child's recipes. I also connected with the love of cooking and baking that both Julie's embraced. Those around them were the guinea pigs, much like my family are lucky to be my guinea pigs. ;) 

I am excited because Julia child made things like chicken broth from chicken bones, veggies, and lots of other yummy stuff. She took the sometimes long, needed route to make a delicous meal. Her meals required planning, preparation, and fresh ingredients. All three of which I am attempting to do these days. Julia Child's cookbook has been republished 40 times! I don't know anything about publishing, but 40 times seems like a big number to me. I am now on a quest to seek out Julia Child's cook book, "Mastering the art of French Cooking". Along with another book called, "Julia's Kitchen Wisdom". It seems to me if anyone has kitchen wisdom, perhaps she does! I shall take my family on taste of France tour, through me, with the coaching and mentoring of Julia Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment